[Libs-Or] Library Culture Survey

Amy Hofer hofera at linnbenton.edu
Mon Jul 15 12:15:47 PDT 2024

Hi all, I'm passing along a survey request about library workplace culture
from a colleague in California. Thanks, Amy

*Hi Friends!*

*We are reaching out to invite you to participate in a confidential survey
about the work culture at your library. Our goal is to use the power of
metaphor to tap into insights about library work cultures and produce an
informal exploratory report that offers both a snapshot and an opportunity
for industry celebration and change. We winnowed it down to just a few
questions. *

*Fill out the Survey  <https://forms.gle/38dj8AGMyHdnPooz7>*

*Due: 7/30/2024*

*Questions You Might Have*

*Who are we? *

*We are Katrina Rahn and Maggie Frankel, two NorCal librarians who have a
shared passion for improving workplace culture! Our conversations and work
started while working together at a community college library and led to a
project called The Blue Table
<https://cclibrarians.org/outlook/april-2020/art-team-development>, which
supported wellness, creativity, and positive opportunities for sharing
knowledge. We believe that new and creative methods and approaches are
needed to understand and improve work culture. *

*What will happen with the survey data?*

*We will complete a content analysis, looking for themes, insights, and
patterns to collate into a report. We will present the report to all
participants at a future date. After we have fully processed the data, we
will delete it. *

*What will not happen with the survey data? *

*We will not publicly identify participants, feed the data into AI, or
share the raw data with anyone else. *

*Please share this invitation with anyone who works in a library! Our goal
is to reach at least 100 participants. *

*Thank you for your participation,*

*Maggie and Katrina*

--
Amy Hofer (she/her)
Statewide Open Education Program Director