[Libs-Or] Grants Pass SD - call for support

MAURER Jennifer * SLO Jennifer.MAURER at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jul 19 13:49:18 PDT 2024

Hi Folks,

Here's additional information about the meeting Emily O'Neal, IFC Chair, shared about earlier today. The Grants Pass School District board policy committee will have a workshop on Tuesday, July 23rd from noon to 5:00 pm. Note that the start time on the agenda<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kzXFjo3j5MtShHI3MgpoCHbttGuPh8EW/view> is currently listed as 5:00 pm, but that is not correct. It is not a board meeting<https://www.grantspass.k12.or.us/our-district/board-of-education/2024-agendas> in the traditional sense, and there will not be a board meeting that day. While the workshop is a public meeting, it's not likely that public comment will be accepted at the meeting.

The two school library policies that will be discussed are linked at the bottom of the agenda, and a Zoom link is at the top. The suggested new text for the Instructional and Library Media Resources and Materials policy IIA<https://drive.google.com/file/d/15VJKjPL8_c-3e4Ixm1izlcvpUfBvx5ni/view> starts on page 4 of the linked document. We have been told that the committee expects to discuss the library policies during the last 30 to 45 minutes; anyone who would like to watch the discussion via Zoom may want to log in by 4:00 pm. We were also told that this is the "conversation phase" and that any votes are likely a few months off.

Again, please contact the individuals listed below if you have concerns about the proposed IIA library policy.

Thanks,
Jen

IFC, ex officio State Library of Oregon representative

Jen Maurer, MLS (she/her)
School Library Consultant, State Library of Oregon
jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3540 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries

[Logo with this text: State Library of Oregon, Library Support and Development Services]