[Libs-Or] State Library of Oregon Digital Collections downtime

MCCORD Monica * SLO Monica.MCCORD at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Jun 25 10:01:32 PDT 2024

Good Morning,

At the State Library of Oregon, we are migrating from the Islandora<https://www.islandora.ca/> digital asset management system to the Recollect<https://www.recollectcms.com/discover/> collection management system for management, description, access, and preservation of digital collections. The Digital Collections site<https://digital.osl.state.or.us/> will not be available while the migration and implementation are in process from June 30 until early August. That means there will be no public online access to anything in Digital Collections for about a month (including if your patrons follow a link in your records). There will be a notice up on the site itself. MARC records for the items cataloged in April will still be posted like normal in early May and then there will be a hiatus. We expect the next set of MARC records will be posted no sooner than September 1, 2024. We will be following up soon with information about the URLs. Please be aware that we are going to need to update the URLs in the 856 fields in the records, and we will share updated records with you, and we will also update them in WorldCat records.

Please contact Heather Pitts 503-507-0389 heather.pitts at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:heather.pitts at slo.oregon.gov> with any questions.

Thank you,

Monica McCord
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Communications Analyst
State Library of Oregon
monica.mccord at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:monica.mccord at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-2713 | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]