[Libs-Or] Elementary Librarian - PhD Student Request

Jen Sturge jsturge at antioch.edu
Fri May 3 11:40:58 PDT 2024

Hi Everyone,

A wonderful educator of librarians Valerie Byrd-Fort out of South Carolina is looking for nationwide data on LGBTQ+ titles.

If you are in an elementary school and are interested in her research, please complete the survey. It’s 100% anonymous.  Her blurb and the survey link are below.

Thanks,
Jen
Dr. Jennifer Sturge
Core Faculty, School Library Endorsement Program
Antioch Graduate School of Education
Hello,

My name is Valerie Byrd Fort. I am a PhD candidate in Teaching & Learning at the University of South Carolina. As part of my doctoral education program there, I am conducting a study that aims to contribute to professional literature in school librarianship.

I need your help! I am distributing a survey about the purchase and use of LGBTQIA+ materials in elementary school libraries. The purpose of this survey is to measure librarians' attitudes and self-efficacy towards purchasing and using LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual and others not yet defined) materials in their school library.

Your participation would involve completing an online survey, which will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. The survey is anonymous, and the information collected will be kept confidential. However, you will have the opportunity to share your contact information for a follow up interview.

If you are interested in participating, please click this link to access the survey<https://usccmcis.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eLMgEMMCf2CEgTA>. If the hyperlink does not work, you can copy and paste the URL: https://usccmcis.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eLMgEMMCf2CEgTA. The survey will close on May 16, 2024.

If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to research.vbf at gmail.com<mailto:research.vbf at gmail.com>

Thank you,
VBF

Valerie Byrd Fort, MLIS
she/her
Instructor
Safe Zone Ally
School of Information Science, USC
South Carolina Center for Community Literacy
1430 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
803.777.1730
http://www.valeriebyrdfort.com<http://www.valeriebyrdfort.com/>