[Libs-Or] FW: Please Join Us to Celebrate the audiobook and paperback launch of Being White Today

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 17 09:37:58 PDT 2024

Hope to see you there!

--Wendy

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DAA83D.E5F23C60]

The Being White Today paperback and audiobook online launch will take place on Sunday, May 19th from 12-2pmPT/1-3pmMT/2-4pmCT/3-5pmET.

The registration link is below.  And the event is free.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/being-white-today-the-audiobook-and-paperback-launch-tickets-873957780247?aff=oddtdtcreator

At the launch the co-authors, Shelly and Christine will talk about how the book supports White people to:

·         understand the landscape of far right and antiracist conflict and how to engage effectively,
·         learn the different ways White people can participate in racial justice efforts, and;
·         take more healthy courageous action to end racism.

Veronda Pitchford will be presenting at the online launch on how this work can help our profession, which is over 80% white, unpack the complicated topic of race, and support the communities we serve in connecting to each other for better understanding and for some, an inclusive, multiracial democracy.

Other speakers include White people describing the impact of the book on their lives and work.

Please feel free to share this invite with your colleagues and networks if you feel so inclined.