[Libs-Or] Call for Speakers - Urban Librarians Conference 2024

Lauren Comito urbanlibrariansunite at gmail.com
Tue May 28 05:34:50 PDT 2024

Getting Our Hands Dirty

We are looking for speakers for the 13th Urban LIbrarians Conference on
September 27th, 2024 in Newark, New Jersey!

This conference has always been about you, the urban library worker,
getting it done in the trenches of our busiest and most challenging
libraries. Balancing budget constraints, limited resources, and community
needs can feel like constant battles. We want you to share your best
success stories and brightest ideas!

Whether it's implementing cost-effective garden projects, running targeted
advocacy campaigns, creating new ways to support each other,  or launching
community engagement and outreach initiatives, we want to hear about the
nuts and bolts of what's working for you. Bring your library toolbox and
put on your hi-vis cardigan. The work you do is worth sharing, so we invite
you to join our community of library workers making a difference in our
neighborhoods and broader profession.

This will be our 13th(!) Urban Librarian Conference and our time convening
outside of NYC. We have a new venue, the Newark Public Library in New
Jersey, which is easily reached by air or rail from anywhere in the
Northeast (or kind of all over).

Send in your proposal
<https://airtable.com/appZ0y20NAdUPjt9g/shrtdlDfgjmu0HX4f> by Midnight EST
| Sunday, June 16th, 2024.

Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Lauren Comito