[or-roots] Taking Lunch to Work Exhibit

Kuri Gill kurig at missionmill.org
Mon Oct 9 07:52:42 PDT 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:           Friday, October 06, 2006

CONTACT:     Mission Mill Museum 503-585-7012

WHAT:            New Exhibit "Taking Lunch to Work"

WHEN:            October 12th through December 23rd

                        Monday through Saturday 10a.m. - 5p.m.

WHERE:          Mission Mill Museum-1313 Mill Street SE-Salem, OR 97301

COST:             Part of regular tour admission:  Adults $7; Seniors $6;
Youth $4.

                        Members free.

Salem, OR -

How do you do lunch?  Since the time of the Industrial Revolution, the
noontime meal has evolved from a large family dinner to lunch on the run.
Most people found ways of transporting their lunches in containers to
consume at the worksite or school. And the lunch pail was born. Did you know
the first commercial thermos (vacuum) bottle was patented in Germany in
1903?

Come see our exhibit about the evolution of our lunch culture.  It will be a
fun experience for all.

For more information, call 503-585-7012 or visit the website
www.missionmill.org <http://www.missionmill.org/>