[or-roots] Jreremiah Surname in Oregon

joel meyer joelmeyer10 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:03:11 PDT 2006

I am researching my maiden name of Jeremiah. My grandfather had a brother
Clarence. I have found a Clarence in the census  and found CE Jeremiah  who
died in 1924 in Clatsop,Seaside,OR. There is an Estate record #2118 Astoria
Lib.More info. on him: Died Dec 5,1924 Oregon Death Record for Clatsop
County #223. What would be the best and least expensive way for me to obtain
copies of these records? Also, I would like to know if there are any city
directories on he and his wife Anna I.They were both Ohio born.Clarence was
a Carpenter b.abt.1856. I am not sure what year he left Ohio as the last
place  I found on him was  in a newpaper,The Clermont Sun, where he is
mentioned in the Post Office unclaimed letters list,April 30,1877. The next
time I found him is in 1910 as Clarence E. Geremiah,in
Portland,Mutnomah,Oregon 7 WD.age 54,b.OHIO.He is living with Allen C. and
Anna L. Pickett.( I believe Anna is his sister.)They have sons Clarence A.
and Roy D. Clarence is b.Kansas and Roy is born California. They all live at
706 E. 7th.St.
     In 1920,Clarence E. and wife,Anna I. are listed in the Census for
Seaside,Clatsop,Oregon at 1115 Third Avenue. The last name is spelled
Jermias.
     In 1930,Clarence E. appears again spelled Jeremiah. So, who is this
Clarence Augene that is 68 years old? and living in  Seaside,Clatsop,Oregon.
     If anyone can help with the above,Anna Pickett., I am trying to find
her death about 1910 as she is buried next to her brother,my
ggrandfather,Winfield Scott Jeremiah in Mt.Moriah Cemetery in CLermont
County,Ohio.Since I cannot find any records in Ohio,perhaps she died in
Oregon.

Thank you very much,Joyce (Jeremiah) Meyer