[or-roots] Newspaper Items From Grandma's Album

Salina Keller thekids at markerman.com
Tue Oct 24 16:48:43 PDT 2006

This is the first time I have tried to post a message - so please correct me
if I goof something up.  I have the following items from my g-grandmother,
Belle Pye's album that mean nothing to me, but might be important to someone
else doing Oregon research.  If they are of interest to someone reading
this, I would be happy to send them your way, just so I don't have to worry
about someone needing information that I have.

Rhoda (Quick) Johnson, Undated newspaper article about Tillamook County's
oldest pioneer.  Contains photo at age 89.

Thomas Coates - Undated newspaper article and photo when he was made fire
chief in Tillamook.

Ewing Young, Sydney Smith, Miranda Bailey - Undated newspaper article by
Gordon Crabtree about "Tree Planted on Site of Grave Still Grows"

Cilvia Winters, Undated newspaper article with photos of log rolling contest
at Astoria Regatta.

John M. Morgan, son of Peter Morgan and Mary Susan Davidson, undated
newspaper obituary, with slightly tattered edges.  Distant relative to me,
but might be of more interest to a direct descendant.

Mrs Emma J. Duncan - Undated newspaper obituary.

Mrs. Isak Nelson, Mrs. M.E. Nelson, Oscar Nelson, LaVerna Nelson, Undated
newspaper Four Generation photo.

Mr. & Mrs. George L. Baker, Undated newspaper photo of mayor and his wife
voting for bond issues.

Mr. and Mrs. S.W. Elliott, Undated (1920) newspaper article and photos of
couple celebrating their 49th wedding anniversary.

Mr. and Mrs. James F. Sanders, Undated newspaper article and photo about
60th wedding anniversary.  Mrs. Sanders' maiden name was Quick, and she was
on 1852 wagon train.

Mrs. Mary L. (Hauxhurst) Day, undated newspaper article with photo
reminiscing about early days at Champoeg and her father, Webley Hauxhurst
and her mother, Princess Wattiet, a daughter of Chief Staywich of the
Yamhill Indians.

Mrs Ed Gervais, undated newspaper photo, by W. L. Mayer.

Frances J. Scovell, undated article about her 90th birthday and photos of
herself and her husband, S.K. Scovell.  Data about their marriage and when
they crossed the plains (1861).

Sherriff Hy. Alderman, undated newspaper photo.

Louis Nystrom, of Birkenfeld, OR, undated newspaper obituary and photo. .

Mrs. J.J. (Flora) Putnam, undated newspaper obituary of pioneer who crossed
plains in 1853.

Daniel Lumley Pike and Martha Ellen Baxter Pike, undated newspaper story
with photos about their 60th wedding anniversary.

Mrs. Coleman H. Wheeler Sr., and her grandchildren, undated newspaper
photos.

Robert, Mary, & Lillian Foster family photos - 5 snapshots from my grandma,
Belle Pye's album.

Salina Keller

thekids at markerman.com