[Or-srp] Collaborative Summer Library Program: Updates from the Annual Meeting
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri May 5 09:48:46 PDT 2017
The Collaborative Summer Library Program Annual Meeting took place in April in Charleston, SC. Oregon is represented at the CSLP Annual Meeting by the Children's Services Division Summer Reading Chair (Kristy Kemper Hodge), Oregon Young Adults Network's CSLP Liaison (K'Lyn Hann), and State Library's Youth Services Consultant (me).
Things you might want to do something about:
* The PSA's are now available on the CSLP website<https://www.cslpreads.org/>. You'll need to log in, then go to "Proprietary Downloads" and click on "PSAs" in the left navigational toolbar. There are a lot more options this year!
* Demco acquired new equipment so it's much easier for them to personalize merchandise so there are fewer quantity restrictions. If you want Demco to print your library's name/logo on their merchandise, call/email and ask them about it!
* Demco can do custom Spanish t-shirts and posters too, call/email and ask them about it!
* There are more t-shirt sizes available than listed in the catalog, call/email and ask Demco about it!
* Call or email Demco at 1-855-255-2757 or custserv at demco.com<mailto:custserv at demco.com>.
Interesting things to know about:
* In 2016, Oregon was the 17th biggest spender on CSLP exclusive merchandise from Demco out of 56 states and territories. We buy more CSLP merchandise from Demco than 39 other states and territories!
* The 2018 Early Literacy manual will be available in Spanish and English.
* 2018 theme and slogan: "Libraries Rock," music, and early literacy and children's artwork by Brian Pinkney<http://www.brianpinkney.net/main.html>
* 2019 theme and slogan: "A Universe of Stories," space, and early literacy and children's artwork by Leeza Hernandez<http://www.leezaworks.com/childrensillustration.html>
* 2020 theme and slogan: no slogan yet, fairytales/mythology/fantasy, and early literacy and children's artwork by LeUyen Pham<http://www.leuyenpham.com/leuyenphamstudios.html>
* Artwork geared towards teens and adults will be created in-house by artists from CSLP's exclusive vendor, currently Demco<http://www.demco.com/>. Slogans, themes, and artists from past summer reading programs are available on the CSLP website<https://www.cslpreads.org/25-years-of-cslp-themes/>.
Something to consider if you love planning summer reading programs, feel strongly about improving CSLP summer reading resources, and/or want to get more involved in the national library community:
* You can join any CSLP committee! You do not have to be the Children's Services Division Summer Reading Chair or Oregon Young Adults Network's CSLP Liaison to do so.
* CSLP committee members do not have to travel. Work is done virtually!
* Below are just a few of the committee, learn more on the CSLP website<https://www.cslpreads.org/membership-sponsorship-2/member-libraries/committees/>.
o Rules of Use/Copyright
o Four manual committees, one for each age group
* Committee terms run June through June and are a three year commitment.
* Questions about workload? It varies pretty dramatically depending on the committee so it's best to contact the chair of the committee you're interested in. Their names and contact information are listed on the CSLP website<https://www.cslpreads.org/membership-sponsorship-2/member-libraries/committees/>.
* Email me by June 1st if you want to join a committee. The process for joining a committee is that the CSLP State Representative (me) provides the committee chair with the names and email addresses of people who want to join the committee.
Please let K'Lyn, Kristy, or me know you have any questions.
All Oregon public, volunteer, and tribal libraries are members of the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), and receive a free summer reading manual. To get the most out of your membership, create an account on the CSLP website (http://www.cslpreads.org/) and you will be able to access additional summer reading resources. CSLP membership dues and manual fees are paid for by the State Library with Library Services and Technology Act funds. Summer reading manuals are distributed by OLA's Children's Services Division summer reading chair, summer reading feedback and suggestions are collected by OLA's Young Adult Network CSLP Liaison, and all three of us listed below represent you on CSLP committees and at the CSLP annual meeting.
For more information contact one of your CSLP representatives:
* Kristy Kemper Hodge, CSD Summer Reading Chair: csdclsprep at ola.org<mailto:csdclsprep at ola.org>
* K'Lyn Hann, OYAN CSLP Liaison: klyn.hann at newbergoregon.gov<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/options/oyan/klyn.hann--at--newbergoregon.gov>
* Katie Anderson, CSLP Oregon State Representative: katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>
Youth Services Consultant
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> | 503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image002.png at 01D2C584.C987F090]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 22483 bytes
More information about the Or-srp