[AL-Directors] New COVID-19 framework

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Nov 30 08:59:13 PST 2020

Library directors:

On November 25, Governor Brown announced a new COVID-19 Risk and Protection Framework. This new framework will go into effect at the end of the two-week freeze on Thursday, December 3. Rather than phases, counties are put into four different risk categories - Extreme, High, Moderate, and Lower - based on spread of the virus. Details can be found on this website<https://govstatus.egov.com/or-covid-19/>, including the metrics used to determine a county's risk level.

A county's risk level determines what activities are allowed and to what degree, including social gatherings, occupancy limits, and allowable business activities. To determine your county's level, click one of "County Risk Levels" buttons partway down this page<https://govstatus.egov.com/or-covid-19>. As of the time I sent this message, 21 of Oregon's 36 counties are Extreme Risk, and another 6 are High Risk. I've attached a map of the counties and their risk levels as of 8.30a on Monday, November 30, but please check the map regularly to see if your county's risk level changes.

This table<https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le3461.pdf> shows the activity restrictions. As with most previous guidance, libraries are considered retail for the purposes of this framework. Here are the factors particularly relevant to libraries:

  *   Occupancy:
     *   Lower and Moderate Risk: 75% of pre-pandemic capacity
     *   High and Extreme Risk: 50% of pre-pandemic capacity
  *   Curbside:
     *   Highly encouraged at all risk levels
  *   Offices:
     *   Lower risk: Limited office work available
     *   Moderate and High Risk: Remote work recommended, if possible
     *   Extreme Risk: Remote work required, if possible. Close business offices to the public.

This OPB article<https://www.opb.org/article/2020/11/25/coronavirus-oregon-governor-kate-brown-covid-19-announcements/> has a good summary of the new framework as well. We will keep you updated when there are more changes. Until then, you can refer to our COVID-19 LibGuide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus> for resources to help you respond to the pandemic. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
NEW! buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3486 | www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D6C6F7.1092B480]