[Answerland] Chat librarians: Ashford University traffic on the Academic 24/7 queue

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu Jun 6 09:07:25 PDT 2019

Hi chat librarians,

Those of you who staff the 24/7 Academic queue have probably noticed an increase in traffic from Ashford University students over the past month. I have been in touch with QuestionPoint about this, and they have added backup staff during peak periods and are working with Ashford to reduce impact on the Cooperative.

In the meantime, attached is a presentation from the Manager of Reference for Ashford University with tips for helping these students.

Remember that Oregon patrons are our first priority, and you do not need to pick up more than one patron at a time.

Thanks,
Tamara

Tamara Ottum
Answerland Coordinator