[Iscn-members] Overview of the ISCN

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Thu Jan 9 14:38:09 PST 2020

ISCN Listserv Members,

As we enter a new year - and since we have some new members - I thought I would take a moment and re-introduce the Interagency Sustainability Coordinators Network (ISCN).

The ISCN was created by executive order to serve as a network for agencies to support each other and exchange ideas to advance sustainability. The ISCN was directed to meet every other month and be convened and facilitated by DAS.

The ISCN has now existed for several years and been instrumental in advancing sustainability. We currently have over 70 people on the listserv, representing a wide range of state agencies, the Governor's office and Sustainability Board.

Our bi-monthly meetings are an important part of the ISCN. In the next day or so, you will be getting calendar invites for 2020 meetings, which will be held in various locations around Salem on the second Tuesday of every other month. I highly encourage you to attend these meetings. In 2020, meetings will include guest speakers on various sustainability topics, important updates on statewide policy and practices, and roundtable time for you to get your questions answered. Meetings are intended for your agency's sustainability champions and structured to be interactive. If you don't have a dedicated agency sustainability coordinator, I encourage you to send facility managers, energy managers, green team members, or anyone else who is willing and able to take an active role in sustainability. DAS will take minutes and we will have sign-in sheets so we can track engagement. We will also provide a call-in option. (And I promise more frequent snacks in 2020.) Anybody with an interest in sustainability in your agency is invited. If you would like me to add anyone to this listserv for future meeting notifications, please let me know.

In addition to ISCN meetings, DAS Sustainability will send out periodic e-newsletters to ISCN members and facility managers on news, tips and sustainability resources. Please forward within your agencies and re-purpose any content for your own agency's communications.

This listserv is also a communication tool for you to use. Have a challenge? Looking for ideas? Use this listserv to ask your peers for support. I will occasionally send out separate emails to the group if I find something in which I think you all might be interested. Please feel free to do the same.

You can also visit the state agency sustainability web page at: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/SustAgys.aspx

Finally, please consider ME a resource. I am here to help answer questions, review sustainability plans, point you toward data and more. And please give me feedback on how to make the ISCN better, whether it's how to structure meetings, what information would be useful or anything else.

I look forward to seeing you all at our first 2020 meeting!

Best,

Dave

Dave Wortman, LEED AP BD+C, ISSP-SA
Statewide Sustainability Officer
Department of Administrative Services | State of Oregon
1225 Ferry St. SE, U100 | Salem, OR 97301-4281
Mobile: 971-304-8733
Subscribe to the Oregon sustainability newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/topics?qsp=ORDAS_3,>
Visit the DAS Sustainability web site<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/Sustainability.aspx>

P please print this email only if there is truly a need