[Iscn-members] Lead by Example in Agency Operations

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Mon Apr 19 16:15:07 PDT 2021

All,

I wanted to share this "Lead by Example" report for addressing climate change in agency operations from the state of Maine. There are some good ideas in here you may want to share and/or explore in your agency climate action/sustainability planning.

Speaking of climate action planning, we are edging ever closer to having a fully executed contract and green light to develop a climate action planning toolkit so you can all easily measure and manage greenhouse gas emissions in your operations. I have already heard from many of you signaling your agency's intent to participate in the project. Particularly if you are an agency listed in EO 20-04 and you have not reached back out to me on this project, I encourage your participation. I am happy to answer any questions.

It is my intent to work with the Sustainability Board and publish a report very similar to this one outlining agency performance and actions on addressing climate - probably end of this year.

Thanks much - and remember that while this Thursday is officially Earth Day, we can take and celebrate actions toward healthier people and planet every day.

Dave

Dave Wortman, LEED AP BD+C, ISSP-SA
Statewide Sustainability Officer
Department of Administrative Services | State of Oregon
1225 Ferry St. SE, U100 | Salem, OR 97301-4281
Mobile: 971-304-8733
Subscribe to the Oregon sustainability newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/topics?qsp=ORDAS_3,>
Visit the DAS Sustainability web site<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/Sustainability.aspx>

Joy is not in things, it is in us.