[Iscn-members] FW: 5/13 Sustainability Networking Lunch: Career Technical Education programs

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Thu May 6 08:35:01 PDT 2021

Just a friendly reminder for the next mid-valley sustainability networking lunch on Thursday May 13th from 11:45am - 1pm (PST). Full event details can be found on our website<https://sites.google.com/view/mwvsnl/home/upcoming-events?authuser=0>, and thanks for sharing this invite as you see fit.

Please note that registration is now required<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwsce-hpjkrHdD7MOTsSMrwAU65AmXr2Wog> to participate, which also makes it easy to add this to your calendar!

May 13th Speakers
Executive Deans Holly Nelson and Marshall Roache from Chemeketa Community College and Dean Dale Moon and Director Sarah Whiteside from Linn-Benton Community College will share information about their Career Technical Education (CTE) programs, which provide students of all ages with the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners.

We’ll hear how COVID has affected Chemeketa and Linn-Benton’s programs over the last year, new CTE programs and facilities on their campuses, and how they partner with high schools on their programs.
Thank you again to Sara O'Brien of Willamette Partnership for her presentation on April 8th on next generation water infrastructure and the future of water management in Oregon. A recording of Sara's presentation and Q&A can be accessed on our website<https://sites.google.com/view/mwvsnl/home/past-events?authuser=0>.

We host monthly networking lunches to help build community among regional businesses, government agencies, non-profits, higher education, and community groups advancing solutions to environmental, social justice, and allied issues.

We hope to see you soon! - Joe Abraham<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jabraham74/>, Elin Shepard<https://www.linkedin.com/in/elin-shepard-12657733/>, Dave Wortman<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-wortman/>, Laura Tesler, and Candice Goldsmith<https://www.linkedin.com/in/candicegoldsmith/>