[Iscn-members] Send us your sustainability tips

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Tue May 25 09:30:36 PDT 2021

We've made good strides in sustainability in DAS and across state government. But rest assured, sustainability is not going away, rather it's progressing, and there's much more work to do. We're all responsible for adjusting the compass towards a brighter future for all. We need your ideas to create an equitable, sustainable future.

That's why we created the Virtual Sustainability Tip Line - Sustainability.TIPS at oregon.gov<mailto:Sustainability.TIPS at oregon.gov>. You now have the opportunity to share your ideas about sustainability. An example idea is installing compost buckets in kitchenettes to keep food waste out of landfills; the program, which started as a simple idea, is now a huge success across DAS-owned buildings. Another, programming copiers/printers to print black and white, two-sided only; just think of all of the ink and paper not wasted!

So, take a minute and send us your ideas. All emails will go to Steven R. Markham, Statewide Sustainability Analyst. All input is great input. Your best ideas are the ones you neglect to voice.

As well, we ask that you take these specific actions:

-       Post this email on any virtual or real bulletin boards in your agency

-       Circulate this to your staff by email

-       Share with your green team

-       Include this in your sustainability communications to your staff - such as newsletters

We will make sure to share all ideas back out with the group - especially ones that pertain specifically to your agency.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Dave Wortman, LEED AP BD+C, ISSP-SA
Statewide Sustainability Officer
Department of Administrative Services | State of Oregon
1225 Ferry St. SE, U100 | Salem, OR 97301-4281
Mobile: 971-304-8733
Subscribe to the Oregon sustainability newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/topics?qsp=ORDAS_3,>
Visit the DAS Sustainability web site<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/Sustainability.aspx>

Joy is not in things, it is in us.