[kids-lib] 2008 Performer's Showcase details

BJ quinlan BJQUINLAN at cityofsalem.net
Thu Sep 25 13:53:42 PDT 2008

 Just a few details if you're planning to attend the Performer's Showcase...

Here is a link to a map to Salem Public Library, which is located at 585 Liberty St SE, Salem, 97301:
http://www.cityofsalem.net/export/departments/library/map_main.html.

Please remember to bring quarters if you plan to park in the library's parking deck.  The cost is $.50 per hour in quarters only.  The meters within the parking deck will take up to ten hours of quarters.  On occasion, a meter may not work properly, so please watch as you deposit your first coin to be sure that your time is registering.  Our parking patrol is fairly conscientious and will ticket cars that appear to be parked at expired meters.  Since the library is not in charge of patrolling the parking lot, we are powerless to help you if you receive a ticket, even if you did pay the meter and it just didn't register your coins.

The manual has been 3-hole punched, so if you have an empty 3-ring binder, you may find it helpful to bring it along to provide a harder writing surface.

Loucks Lecture Hall is located immediately to the right of the library's main front doors.  You don't need to enter the library first.  Doors will open at 9:00 and the Showcase will begin promptly at 9:30 am.  Please remember to bring a brown bag lunch, as the lunch break is only one-half hour.  Many performers will be in the downstairs Anderson Auditorium during that half-hour, hoping to meet you and talk with you individually during lunch, so I hope you'll plan to head downstairs to meet and greet them.

We are going to be vigilant about keeping performers to their five-minute time slot.   Please help us by not encouraging any of them to finish their "schtick" after their time has elapsed - we don't have any wiggle room in the day's schedule!

I hope you're looking forward to the day as much as I!
See you Saturday.

BJ Quinlan
Youth Services Manager
Salem Public Library