[kids-lib] Summer Reading

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Fri Feb 20 11:29:38 PST 2009

This year the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) created an adult summer reading program.  Below is an email from CSLP about the adult summer reading program including a link to the pdf of the manual.  The online catalog, which includes incentives for the adult program, is available at: http://www.highsmith.com/cslp/.

I am emailing this on the youth services listserv because the CSLP materials are for CSLP members only.  Most of you represent CSLP member libraries, whereas people from a wider range of library types are on the libs-or listserv.  Please pass on the information about the adult program to whomever is responsible for adult programming at your library.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The 2009 Adult SRP manual is copyrighted material and is owned by CSLP. This is for use by CSLP members only. No portion of this manual may be distributed or used by outside agencies.

Is my library a CSLP member?  All public libraries that receive Ready to Read grants, volunteer community libraries in Oregon, and tribal libraries in Oregon are CSLP members.  Your CSLP memberships are paid by the Oregon State Library with Library Services and Technology Act funds.  You are represented in CSLP by the State Library's Youth Services Consultant (Katie Anderson), OYAN's CSLP Liaison (Heidi Wiesel), and CSD's Summer Reading Club Chair (Krist Obrist)and In-Coming Chair (Esther Moberg).

My library or organization is not a CSLP member, but would like to use CSLP materials.  If you work at a school library or other type of library or agency contact your local public library to find out how to partner on summer reading program activities and events.  All public libraries in Oregon use CSLP materials to develop their own unique summer reading program best suited to their community.  Find out what your public library has planned, ask how your school or organization can get involved.  If that doesn't work, the most CSLP materials are available for anyone to purchase from: http://www.highsmith.com/cslp/.

If you have any questions please contact me at katie.anderson at state.or.us

Thank you,
Katie
katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528