[kids-lib] Charley Harper for children

Patrick Goodman patrick at jcld.org
Fri Jun 12 17:24:16 PDT 2009

Hello all,

  I recently went on a Powells bender with the loose change that I had
before the end of the fiscal year (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patricklgoodman/3608482199/), and was overjoyed
to find that works from my favorite artist and fellow Cincinnatian, Charley
Harper, have now been turned into board books for children. I was lucky
enough to grow up in a household that was literally covered with Harper
prints, and the effect can not only be seen in my children's collection, but
in my personal artwork as well. There's an ABC, 123, and coloring book
currently available.

  So, sorry if endorsements are taboo here, but I feel very strongly that
these books should be in every library's Children's collection. Have a great
weekend everybody, and good luck with all of your individual Summer Reading
Programs.
Kind regards,

--
Patrick L. Goodman