[kids-lib] Beaverton City Library - Summer 2010 Internships

Victoria Campbell vcampbell at ci.beaverton.or.us
Tue Mar 30 17:26:00 PDT 2010

* Please forward this to any one you think maybe interested.  *

The Beaverton City Library is pleased to announce that their summer internships are now open for applications.

We strive to make our internships teaching internships - allowing observation of service desks, library school exercises and other learning opportunities specifically tailored to the intern's desired career path. Several interns have moved on to become on-call or regular staff at some point after their internship ended.

This year we have three new internships in our adult services department, for our Family Resource Fair and at our soon to be open branch library, Murray Scholls.

You will find a short summary of the positions below.
Please visit http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/volunteer/internships.aspx for full descriptions.

Summer Reading Internships:
Closing Date: April 23rd
Time Length: Late May to August 20th (flexible)

*         Children's Division Summer Internship (2 positions - aprx 20 hours a week)

Works directly with teen summer reading volunteers; oversees weekly performers or performs a storytime at a local park; organizes summer reading materials; and much more.

*         Teen Division Summer Internship (1 position - aprx 12 hours a week)

Helps plan summer teen programs; holds weekly prize drawing contests; help with displays, flyers and other projects.

*         Adult Services Summer Internship (1 position - aprx 20 hours a week)
Work with Adult Services staff to provided support for our first ever adult summer reading program.  Organize summer reading materials, help with displays, flyers and other projects, coordinate registration and manage book reviews, and other projects.

*         Murray Scholls Summer Internship (1 position - aprx 20 hours a week)
Provide support for summer reading at our new branch in all areas (children's, teens, and adult); oversee weekly July children's performers; and much more.

Family Resource Fair Internship:
Closing Date: Open until filed
Time Length: May to October

Assist with planning and providing annual Family Resource Fair.  Help find donations from local businesses.  Help market the fair.  Find local non-profit agencies that are important to families. (1 position - aprx 6 hours a week, more in October)

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.