[kids-lib] summer reading copyright and other issues

S Simpkins sbsimpkins at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 18:03:12 PDT 2010

Please add me to the list of Oregon librarians who want to continue creating reading logs and certificates that meet my specific needs AND use the wonderful clip art that gives everything such a professional look. The freedom to design my own materials is VERY important.

I purchased over $800 of Highsmith summer reading products, but I design and print my own YA reading records. No more than 50 of them. I can't imagine this presents any kind of financial hardship to Highsmith or the Cooperative.

I enjoy being part of the Summer Reading Cooperative, and hope to continue having access to the manual and graphics, and being able to order incentives, posters, and other great stuff from the catalog.

Thanks to everyone who articulates the issues and problems so well!

Sara B. Simpkins

Children's Librarian
North Bend Public Library

1800 Sherman Avenue