[kids-lib] Interesting Nonfiction for Kids blog

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Nov 1 09:14:30 PDT 2010

Hello!  I would like to share a link to the blog I.N.K. (Interesting Nonfiction for Kids) on behalf of librarian Casle Portner.  It was recommended to her by author Virginia Euwer Wolff.

I.N.K. http://inkrethink.blogspot.com<http://inkrethink.blogspot.com/>
Here we will meet the writers whose words are presenting nonfiction in a whole new way. Discover books that show how nonfiction writers are some of the best storytellers around. Learn how these writers practice their craft: research techniques, fact gathering and detective work. Check out how they find unusual tidbits, make the facts interesting and write something kids will love to read. Explore how photos and illustrations are integrated with the text to explain an artist's vision of the world. Consider what subjects are flooding the market and what still needs a voice. Rethink nonfiction for kids. (blog description)

Enjoy!
Katie Anderson