[kids-lib] Upcoming Survey

KRIST OBRIST KOBRIST at ci.monmouth.or.us
Wed Sep 1 13:17:40 PDT 2010

Pardon cross-posting....

Happy September 1st!

I hope everyone has had a busy but good summer. By now summer reading is a recent (or soon to be recent) memory as we forge ahead into Fall (the weather's already there).

In past years CSD & OYAN have asked their members to fill out a survey about their summer reading experiences. Starting this year this survey will be handled through Katie Anderson at the State Library. She needs certain data to help her complete both an annual CSLP survey and an LSTA report, so it makes sense for her to conduct the survey. She will be updating the survey to reflect the data that she needs to complete her reports and anticipates needing information about # of sign-ups, # of finishers, # of hours/pages/books read, # of programs, and attendance at programs for kids, teens and adults. So, while the information is fresh in your minds take a couple minutes to gather up this data and keep it readily accessible so you will be able to quickly fill out the survey when it's posted in October.

Thanks!

Krist Obrist, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Monmouth Public Library
168 Ecols St. S.
Monmouth, OR 97361
kobrist at ci.monmouth.or.us