[kids-lib] ECRR 2nd Ed: Beaverton City Library's positive experience

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Oct 25 09:06:38 PDT 2011

Hi!  Last week Victoria Campbell, youth librarian at Beaverton City Library, and I had an email exchange about their first use of the Every Child Ready to Read 2nd Edition (ECRR 2nd Ed).  It wasn't perfect, but there was so much interest from the community they had to add a second session!  With Victoria's permission, I'm sharing the email she sent me about their experience and what they would do differently next time-there will definitely be a next time!

Have any of you tried ECRR 2nd Edition?  If so, how did it go?  Any advice?

For those of you who don't have the new curriculum yet:

*         It is available to purchase from ALA at: http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3404

*         It will be available to check out from the State Library soon.  I will send out the info via this listserv announcing it.