[kids-lib] Children’s Services Division 2012 Fall Workshop

Jane Corry janec at multcolib.org
Wed Sep 19 09:23:55 PDT 2012

Children’s Services Division
2012 Fall Workshop

*REGISTER TODAY!!*

Saturday, October 27

9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Hood River Public Library

   - Learn about Common Core Standards. Get the scoop on Summer Reading.
   Learn what's going on around the state. And participate in our annual
   fundraising efforts.  Bring items to be auctioned off in either the silent
   auction or the fast-paced oral auction. Our guest speaker Eliza
Dresang, Cleary
   Professor of Children and Youth Services at University of Washington
   Information School, will address us on “Digital Age Libraries and Youth:
   Learning Labs, Literacy Leaders, Radical Resources.”

   - Registration is only

$15 for members, $20 for nonmembers--Includes lunch and snacks

$5 for members, $10 for nonmembers--without lunch

(Note: If you choose the no-lunch option, please bring your lunch, as there
will be time to network and an auction during lunch.)

   - Join us for a day filled with information, fundraising friendship and
   fun!

·         *Registration Deadline** **is Tuesday, October 23, 2012*

*·         **Click here to register:***

·         *
https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_118651
*

*Or olaweb.org/csd*

·              If you have any questions about this workshop, please
contact Jane Corry, CSD Chair,

at janec at multcolib.org or 503-988-6140.

*  Agenda*

9:00-9:30       Registration and Networking

9:30-10:00     Fundraising auction

10:00-11:00   Common Core and how we can support our schools

11:00-12:00   Eliza Dresang, Part 1*

12:00- 1:30    Lunch and auction

1:30-2:30       Eliza Dresang, Part 2 *

2:30-3:00       State Library Report

3:00-3:15       Early Learning Council Report

3:15-4:00       Summer Reading