[kids-lib] In the News: Oregon statistics on education and more (great for grant applications!)
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Apr 29 12:24:22 PDT 2013
Looking for statistics for grant proposals? How about statistics for reports to funders and other stakeholders? Perhaps you need statistics for material to promote your library? Now is a great time to update your statistics and bookmark some statistics websites for future use.
Several of my favorite sources for statistics have recently posted their latest data!
* Children First for Oregon<http://www.cffo.org/site/download/county_data_books>: There is one page for the state of Oregon, then there is a page for each county so you can get statistics specific to your county and compare them with similar counties or with statewide statistics. Posted their 2012 County Data Book last week!
* Oregon Department of Education: Reports<http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=1722>: Allows you to get school district level statistics on Reading & Lit. Click on 'Assessment', look under 'Results-District and School' and click on 'Search Test Results (2004-2012)' and you'll pull up a page that allows you to create detailed reports by year, district, population, and subject. Added 2012 data in January.
* OregonLive.com: Your Schools<http://schools.oregonlive.com/>: Provides similar information as ODE. There aren't as many options for creating detailed reports as ODE, but their reports are more user-friendly snapshots of statistics. Added 2012 data in January.
* National Center for Education Statistics<http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/>: They have tons of statistics, but their 'Fast Facts' page is pretty easy to use. Click on 'Assessments', then click on 'Reading' and you should find national statistics. You can also find state-by-state ranking under 'Assessments' if you are interested in learning how Oregon compares.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
If the hyperlinks don't work, try copying and pasting these URLs into your browser:
* Children's First: http://www.cffo.org/site/download/county_data_books
* ODE: http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=1302
* OregonLive: http://schools.oregonlive.com/
* NCES: http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/#
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib