[kids-lib] Keeping Current

Kimbre Chapman kimbrec at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 21:06:59 PST 2013

I like a variety of resources, though have a few favorites, Taylor.  Outside of the awards, including one of my favorites the Batchelder Award for translation of foreign children's and young adult books into English awarded to a publisher, which is good for exposing young people to new viewpoints, you can join Booklist -- a one-stop shopping center with webinars about new materials.  There are starred reviews you can set up Ingram's standing order program.  I also use Penworthy for popular titles and can recommend a great jobber from that company, and I use various book blogs (Twenty by Jenny http://www.twentybyjenny.com/for example), and Abby the Librarian http://www.abbythelibrarian.com/  .  I also like sites like kidsreads.com., and Amazon will send you breaking titles as well.  No Flying, no Tights is good for graphic novels http://noflyingnotights.com/ Hope this helps.  If you need Spanish materials, Lectorum is good, and the
 company will send you a catalog.

Kimbre Chapman

Kimbre Chapman
Children's Services Supervisor