[kids-lib] stORytime Info

Barratt Miller BMiller at crooklib.org
Thu Nov 13 13:47:59 PST 2014

Hi CSD members,

Many of us have become stORytime parters since the campaign launched last month! For those of you who are interested in supporting the stORytime campaign's project to get books into kids' hands, I thought this information might be helpful.

Betty Reynolds from Oregon PTA contacted me last week to remind me that Umpqua Bank will be matching community book donations through December 31 as part of the stORytime campaign. Donors can make a monetary donation online to the school of their choosing. Umpqua Bank will match their donation and distribute books to the selected school.

For anyone who would like to share this with their community in-house or on social media, Betty prepared the following blurb and an attached flyer:

stORytime Oregon
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CFFC46.F5264530]

The Oregon Education Investment Board is conducting an early literacy stORytime Oregon campaign, to encourage parents to talk, play, read and sing with their children.  One feature is an online stORytime Oregon book donation portal, where donors can purchase books for $2.50 for schools of their choice to distribute to students to take home.

The book donation campaign is a partnership of OEIB, Oregon PTA, Scholastic Books, and Umpqua Bank, with a goal of getting 80,000 books in the homes of Oregon students.  Please help reach this goal by donating books for early readers, at http://storytimeoregon.com/about/<http://oregonpta.bmetrack.com/c/l?u=406A3D4&e=5561CC&c=1DDFD&t=0&l=AC192CC&email=69tKsivKFCq4WWFH5g5IOdZ3bKLjZiTkaeQzfQ59H%2BI%3D>

Thanks,
Barratt

Barratt Miller, MSLIS
Assistant Director
Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
541-447-7978 ext 303
bmiller at crooklib.org<mailto:bmiller at crooklib.org>
Crook County Library - Experience the Journey!