[kids-lib] Library Legislative Day!

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Apr 15 16:59:46 PDT 2015

Come advocate for libraries and library programs in Salem on Wednesday, April 29th!

Visit your State Senators, Representatives, and their staff to discuss issues
relevant to libraries, librarians, and our communities. You work with youth- you have great stories!

Don't know what to say? Don't worry! We have talking points and a how-to before the appointments start! Visits with legislators or their staff usually last
10-15 minutes, but have GREAT IMPACT!

In addition, OLA will be inviting legislators to choose a children's book to give to their home library.

Please call your Senator and Representative's offices and make an
appointment for anytime between 8-4pm on April 29th. Don't know who they
are? No problem. Look it up with the Legislator Lookup tool
<https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html>.
Then, please document your appointment details on the 2015 OLA Legislative
Day Appointment Spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/a/pdx.edu/spreadsheets/d/1eYAt6YY26QMCEuGCwqDyq9TMLjpDKQyoQRHKgu5uUCs/edit#gid=534832026>
.

Questions? Contact: Emily Ford, OLA Library Development & Legislative
Committee Network Coordinator, forder at pdx.edu<mailto:forder at pdx.edu>