[kids-lib] First Three-Quarters of Official 2016-17 OBOB Title Lists

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Fri Feb 26 10:08:50 PST 2016

Hello all,
Here are more 2017 Oregon Battle of the Books titles from Jennifer Thompson, OBOB Title Manager (see attached list). Remember, you may use Ready to Read grant funds to purchase these titles. We've seen the 2017 titles already flying off our shelves. If you have questions about your use of grant funds you may contact Katie Anderson at Katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:Katie.anderson at state.or.us> (thanks Katie!).

OBOB participation throughout the state continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Many public libraries have started Oregon Battle of the Book programs (books clubs, practice battles, etc.). If you would like to know more about OBOB for your library community, I believe the best way to do that is volunteer at an official battle. The state OBOB competition is coming up on April 9, 2016 at Chemeketa Community College in Salem. If you would like to volunteer please send an email to obobstatevols at gmail.com<mailto:obobstatevols at gmail.com>

Here are the new 2017 titles chosen 2/20/16 (the last quarter of each list will be chosen on April 30, 2016). See attached for the complete list so far.

3-5 Division, New as of 2/20/16:
Miss Spitfire, by Sarah Miller
Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio, by Peg Kehret
Upside Down Magic, by Sarah Mlynowski
Woof, by Spencer Quinn

6-8 Division, New as of 2/20/16:
Courage for Beginners, Karen Harrington
The Journal of Curious Letters, by James Dashner
Masterminds, by Gordon Korman
Unfriended, by Rachel Vail

9-12 Division, New as of 2/20/16:
Bone Gap, by Laura Ruby
How it Went Down, Kekla Magoon
I'll Give You the Sun, by Jandy Nelson

Korie Buerkle
Assistant Library Director | Children's Librarian
Newberg Public Library
Office: 503 554 7734 | Children's Desk: 503 537 0304
Please note my work week is Tues. - Sat.