[kids-lib] Are you doing Summer Learning?

Gretchen Kolderup gretchenkolderup at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:38:26 PDT 2016

Hi everyone!

I recently moved to Oregon to be the youth librarian here in St. Helens,
and while I've worked with teens before, this is my first experience doing
all of birth through 18, so as we start to plan for next year's summer
stuff, I'm interested in what others are doing.

Who out there is doing Summer Learning this year? What does it look like at
your library? Does the learning mostly come through in your programs, or
does your club/reading log/contest also include something learning-ish?

Bonus question: how do you partner with other community organizations over
the summer?

I know these questions are both broad and also kinda 101, but I'm
interested in the library landscape in Oregon, and I'm curious about what
smaller libraries especially do, so thanks a lot for your help!

Gretchen