[kids-lib] 2017-18 Oregon Blue Book Looking for Submissions: Essays and Photos Due 10/12

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Sep 9 11:06:08 PDT 2016

Details are below, and submissions are due by October 12th. Essay length top outs at 250 words.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

________________________________
From: Desiree Kiesel [desiree.kiesel at oregonlearning.org]
Posted on: Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:32 PM
Posted to: Posts of News for ODE ELA
Conversation: 2017-2018 Oregon Blue Book Looking for Submissions

Oregon's Secretary of State, Jeanne Atkins, is seeking submissions to the 2017-2018 Oregon Blue Book .  From the Secretary of State's webpage<http://oregonsosblog.us/tag/blue-book/> ...

"The  Oregon Blue Book   is the official state fact book about all levels of government in Oregon, Oregon’s arts and history organizations, our education systems, our elections history, our economy and how various levels of government are financed. Published every odd-numbered year since 1911, the Oregon Blue Book is compiled, edited and produced by the Oregon State Archives, a division of the Secretary of State’s office."

The Oregon Blue Book has two contests that students can enter:

  *   The Oregon Blue Book Essay Contest is open to all students K–12.  The deadline to enter is October 12, 2016.   Essay Contest information and details are online at: http://bluebook.state.or.us/misc/news/blue-book-submissions.pdf

  *   The Oregon Blue Book Cover Photo Contest is open to all Oregonians.  The deadline to enter is October 12, 2016.   Photo contest guidelines and entry forms are online at: http://bluebook.state.or.us/misc/cover/front.htm .

To read the Secretary of State's press release/blog post about the two opportunities visit: http://oregonsosblog.us/2016/08/secretary-atkins-encourages-oregonians-submit-photos-oregon-blue-book-cover /

View article: https://sites.google.com/a/oregonlearning.org/ode-ela-teacher-support/news-for-ode-ela/2017-2018oregonbluebooklookingforsubmissions