[kids-lib] FW: OBOB: First Half(ish) of the Lists for 2019

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Tue Jan 30 10:23:02 PST 2018

On behalf of the OBOB Title Chair, Courtney Snyder:

First Half(ish) of the 2018-2019 OBOB Titles

3rd to 5th Grade Division

*         Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman

*         George by Alex Gino

*         Hana's Suitcase by Karen Levine

*         The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy

*         In the Footsteps of Crazy Horse by Joseph Marshall III

*         Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson

*         Ugly by Robert Hoge

*         When the Sea Turned to Silver by Grace Lin

*         A Whole New Ballgame by Phil Bildner

*         The Wild Robot by Peter Brown

*         Wish by Barbara O'Connor

Books to be voted on by students at State

*         The Fairy-Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley

*         Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism by Georgia Byng

*         Nightbird by Alice Hoffman

6th to 8th Grade Division

*         Absolutely Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick

*         Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith

*         Ghost by Jason Reynolds

*         I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka & Martin Ganda

*         My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights by Brooks Benjamin

*         Restart by Gordon Korman

*         Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobson

Books to be voted on by students at State

*         Flunked by Jen Calonita

*         Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

*         The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer

9th to 12th Grade Division

*         A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines

*         Piecing Me Together by Renée Watson

*         Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

*         Scythe by Neal Shusterman

*         The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner

*         Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Books to be voted on by students at State

*         The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

*         The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

*         To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Thanks to everyone who nominated titles for OBOB this year. If you missed your chance this year, nominations for 2020 will open in the Fall.

Korie

Korie Buerkle

Assistant Library Director | Children's Librarian

Newberg Public Library

Office: 503 554 7734 | Children's Desk: 503 537 0304

(My pronouns are: she, her, hers)