[kids-lib] Friday, December 11th Shout out to Corvallis

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Dec 11 15:56:18 PST 2020

Hello library friends,

This week's shoutout goes to the Corvallis-Benton County library staff, who are delivering to over 400 patron homes EVERY DAY on top of their regular curbside services. Wow! That is over 2,000 homes a week! What an awesome way to keep meeting people where they are at.

In case you hadn't seen it, School Library Journal released their Best Books 2020<https://www.slj.com/?page=best-books-2020&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=top5> and there are definitely some winners on here - I am very happy to see Evelyn Del Ray is Moving Away, When You Trap a Tiger, Ways to Make Sunshine, Punching the Air, and so many others. In a challenging and overwhelming year, it is comforting to see all these good stories to be shared and loved by our communities and kiddos.

I hope you all have a chance to rest and rejuvenate this weekend. I'll be attending the 2020 Research in Public Libraries<https://ripl.lrs.org/> institute next week. I'm looking forward to learning better ways to use the data you all share with us to inform our work and help us share more deeply about the amazing work happening in libraries across Oregon!

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D6CFD6.2817D5D0]