[kids-lib] Rise: A Feminist Book Project for Ages 0-8

Natasha Forrester Campbell natashaf at multcolib.org
Tue Feb 4 14:41:39 PST 2020

Hello Oregon library staff serving youth!

Please share and please consider applying for the Rise: A Feminist Book
Project for Ages 0-18 Book Evaluation Committee. Please consider applying,
now or in the future. Public, School, Academic, Special Libraries, ALA
membership is the only current eligibility requirement. I just finished my
third (and final) year on the committee, and it was a fantastic,
supportive, and career- and life-changing experience for me, and I'm happy
to share more information with anyone who might be interested!
Applications are now open for Rise: A Feminist Book Project for Ages 0-18
Committee. Rise (formerly known as the Amelia Bloomer Project) creates an
annual booklist of the best feminist books for young readers, ages birth
through 18; this committee is a subgroup of the Feminist Task Force of the
Social Responsibilities Round Table of the American Library Association.
Members of the committee are expected to be members of the American Library
Association, are expected to do a significant amount of committee reading
and participation year-round, and must be able to attend ALA Midwinter to
participate in committee deliberations. The application for 2021 can be
viewed here. To apply, please answer all questions fully and submit your
application to risefeministbooks at gmail.com Questions about the committee
may be sent to the co-chairs at risefeministbooks at gmail.com The Rise: A
Feminist Book Project Policies & Procedures and Book Criteria are available
on our website and do provide more information about the committee and its
work. The deadline to apply for the 2021 committee is midnight Pacific time
on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Learn more about the Project's name change on the Rise site (
https://ameliabloomer.wordpress.com/) and through this ALA Press Release (
http://www.ala.org/news/2019/1/rise-feminist-titles-2020).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

All the best,

*Natasha Forrester Campbell *(she/her)
*Youth Librarian, MLS*
Multnomah County Library - Hollywood location
My usual schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 8:30am-5pm
503-988-4598
multcolib.org
[This email was encrypted for your privacy and security]