[kids-lib] Thursday, July 30th Link to CDC Supporting Children and Adolescents Webinar

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Thu Jul 30 15:49:44 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Lots of good stuff came up at Tuesday's office hours,<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/youthsvcs> including what plans are being made for fall, storywalk idea exchanges, and questions about how we can best support families as schools will likely move mostly online, but also given the general uncertainty, what kinds of supports are most helpful?

The most recent webinar from the Centers for Disease Control series on COVID-19 & community impacts may be helpful as you ponder these questions and fall planning. This webinar is Supporting Children and Adolescents During COVID-19. CDC staff were joined in this session by staff from The National Child Traumatic Stress Network and they covered a wide range of ways to support children and adolescents during COVID-19 as well as resources provided by The National Child Traumatic Stress Network. The webinar, slides, and transcripts<https://emergency.cdc.gov/epic/learn/2020/webinar_20200722.asp> are now posted. Additionally, other CDC webinars about COVID-19 are also linked on this page (look at the column on the left).

I hope the end of your week is going well in your neck of the woods and if it is as hot as Salem is, you are staying cool!

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D66689.734EB8E0]