[kids-lib] Friday, May 29th School Library Journal Free Digital Access

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Fri May 29 15:27:37 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Wow, we made it to Friday. There's been a lot to work on this week! I hope you are staying well as we head into June. One thing to know about this week is Oregon's very own Miranda Doyle quoted in this School Library Journal piece from yesterday: Little House, Big Problem: What to Do with "Classic" Books that are also Racist. <https://www.slj.com/?detailStory=Little-House-Big-Problem-Little-House-Big-Problem-What-To-Do-with-Classic-Books-That-Are-Also-Racist>  School Library Journal has really upped their game during this public health emergency - You can freely access June 2020's issue and all digital content<https://www.slj.com/> here. Lastly, if you missed Wednesday's Day of Dialogue, the excellent content from those sessions is available through August 27th. Take a minute to register here to access<https://www.slj.com/?event=school-library-journal-day-of-dialog-nyc-ve>.

I hope you are able to take some time for a walk outside this weekend and maybe listen to a good audiobook. I'm listening to Jason Reynolds' read his newest, Stamped, and find it quite compelling.

Take good care,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D635CD.E65CAF50]