[kids-lib] Friday, March 19th Shoutout and CSD Spring Workshop Series

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Mar 19 10:11:51 PDT 2021

Hi everybody,

Happy Friday! Today's shoutout doesn't go to a library, but to two Oregon museums! We are so lucky to have museums across the state who are awesome library partners. First up is Bend's High Desert Museum<https://highdesertmuseum.org/>, a finalist for a 2021 IMLS National Medal<https://www.bendbulletin.com/lifestyle/high-desert-museum-is-finalist-for-national-medal/article_30e24220-8824-11eb-955a-6715f1d1a617.html>! This is such a great spot for learning about natural resources, history, and art, we are lucky to have it. I am in awe of Nicholas their golden eagle every time I go.

Another great place for learning about natural resources is the Museum of Natural and Cultural History<https://mnch.uoregon.edu/> at U of O - many of you, especially our small and rural folks, have worked with Mia Jackson. She helped make summer programming possible last summer. And they're back with new programs! They are accepting requests from libraries<https://mnch.uoregon.edu/virtual-outreach> through April 5th. If you haven't had a chance to work with Mia before and you are a small and rural spot, check it out!

Today I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in the online CSD Spring Workshop #1<https://docs.google.com/document/d/144KjF0p2PDN31PTQwJeE0lpeWe0KeOzrQQ9tqZmu80U/edit?usp=sharing> in just a little bit. Please join us if you are able, or hop on to the next ones<https://www.csdola.org/spring-workshop.html>.

I know some of you will be working through Spring Break next week but hope you are all able to take a little break somewhere in there. Have a good weekend!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]