[Libs-Or] public library telephone use-what's your policy?

Carol Ventgen c_ventgen at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:43:28 PST 2008

After lots of abuse of a liberal policy, mostly by teens, we changed our policy several years ago to allow use of library phones in an emergency only. However, we do encourage kids to ask for rides home by offering to place a call requesting a ride for them, without allowing the patron to actually use the phone. It has worked out well and this service is used. We do also have a pay phone.

Carol Ventgen