[Libs-Or] Free PDX event: film screening 4/15

Karen Munro kmunro at uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 8 14:10:50 PDT 2009

Are you in the Portland area, and interested in copyright and intellectual
property?  Mark your calendar for a free sneak preview screening of
³Copyright Criminals,² a documentary film about copyright and sampling in
the music industry.

The film features original interviews with George Clinton, Clyde
Stubblefield, Cibo Matto, and other artists.  You can see a trailer here:
http://copyrightcriminals.com/trailer.html, and our event poster is here:
http://libweb.uoregon.edu/inc/data/portland/CC_poster.pdf.

We¹ll be screening the movie at 6 pm on Wednesday 4/15 in the White Stag
Block in downtown Portland.  Immediately afterward, musician and design guru
Dave Allen (Nemo Design, Gang of Four) will do a Q&A with the filmmaker,
Kembrew McLeod.

The UO Portland Library & Learning Commons is partnering with PSU to sponsor
this event, which is free and open to all.  We hope to see lots of local
musicians, artists, and librarians there to join in the conversation!

For more information about this event or the UO in Portland, please contact
Karen Munro at kmunro at uoregon.edu.

--
Karen Munro
Head, UO Portland Library and Learning Commons
kmunro at uoregon.edu