[Libs-Or] Gale Webinars on Friday & Links to Training Opportunities

Jennifer Maurer maurer_jennifer at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Aug 20 16:43:51 PDT 2009

I'm having technical difficulties on my computer so I can't be sure this was sent the first time.  Sorry for the potential repeat.  - Jen
Just a friendly reminder that there are 3 "Welcome to Gale" webinars on Friday.  You can join one of three sessions: 9:00 to 10:00, 10:30 to 11:30, or 3:30 to 4:30.  The final opportunity is the 31st of August.

Kurt Stovall, our Gale trainer, will introduce you to the 18 databases in our statewide package and explain the very basics of the interface.
.        Registration:  No need to register.
.        Equipment:  You need a computer with an Internet connection and a phone.
.        Instructions:  View or download a PDF with instructions here: http://www.galesupport.com/oregon/webinar.pdf.  Be sure to read it before joining a session as it provides some good tips for making sure your computer is webinar-ready.
.        Identify Your Library:  When logging in to the webinar, please use the space marked Company to identify your library.

Also, the support site now lists a link to other Training Opportunities.  Look for it in the very top bar just under "Welcome State of Oregon."  www.galesupport.com/oregon

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer