[Libs-Or] Have you registered yet for the 2009 OCLC Western Members Meeting in McMinnville, Oregon?

Western Western at oclc.org
Wed Feb 25 11:22:29 PST 2009

Have you registered yet for the 2009 OCLC Western Members Meeting in
McMinnville, Oregon?

If not, register now!
<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=1626502&l=30874&ctl=227E31A:917BC46257B
DD851F7B1DB740D9932EAAB211475F9D6EDD4&>

The meeting is free and open to all, however space is limited, so please
register soon.

Held on March 23, 2009 at Linfield College, the meeting will start at
9:00 a.m. local time and conclude around 3:30 p.m. A brief description
of this informative one-day event is below; a full agenda is on our Web
site
<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=1626502&l=30874&ctl=227E31B:917BC46257B
DD851F7B1DB740D9932EAAB211475F9D6EDD4&> .

The High Impact Library: Creating Value That Matters

In a changing world libraries continue to create value for their users
and their communities through high-impact service delivery. From our
perspective inside the library, it is easy to assume that our services
are an indispensible part of the community we serve, whether we define
that community as an academic institution, a city or county, a company,
or a special community of users. But do we really understand the impact
we have on our community?

We will explore the tangible and meaningful ways that libraries are
making an impact on their communities, and we will also share methods on
how your library can make itself indispensible to your community. We
will discuss approaches for defining your community of users,
identifying the issues faced by your community, and focus efforts toward
interacting with users at all levels and in all areas of the library.
The program will also examine partnering with other community leaders
and measuring the impact of your efforts.

After registering, you will immediately receive a confirmation message
and further information via e-mail as details are confirmed. We look
forward to seeing you soon!

-The staff of OCLC Western