[Libs-Or] On-Call Library Assistant Wanted at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (Portland, OR)
lanamt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:27:33 PST 2009
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine seeks a dependable and flexible, *
On-Call* *Library Assistant* to support access to the library and provide
additional assistance as directed by the College Librarian.
The On-Call Library Assistant serves as a substitute for
circulation/information desk shifts when OCOM workstudy employees, the
College Librarian, or the Lead Library Assistant cannot work his/her
scheduled shift. The duties performed support access to the college library
and include: staffing the library at requested times and performing all
circulation/information-desk duties. This position may also asist with
special projects at the request of the College Librarian.
*Areas of Responsibility:*
• Staff the library at requested times and perform
circulation/information-desk duties (hours may include evenings and
weekends, and emergency coverage may be requested).
• Assist library users with requests and/or questions.
• Check materials in and out, and shelve incoming materials.
• Assist patrons with library computers.
• Handle overdue fines, printing fees, petty cash, and perform shelf-reading
• Assist the Librarian with special projects, as needed.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is
• 1 - 2 years of prior experience in an academic library is preferred, but
• Higher education, non-profit, and/or health care related experience is
• Familiarity with Traditional Chinese Medicine preferred but not required.
*Salary and Hours:*
This paraprofessional position pays $11/hour and is not eligible for
benefits. This position is on-call and will work approximately 0 – 10 hrs a
Please note: All applicants must pass a criminal background check and prove
authorization to work in the United States at the time of position offer.
*To apply for this position: *
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Lana Thelen,
College Librarian, at librarian at ocom.edu. The cover letter should
specifically indicate relevant experience, skills, and schedule
*Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.*
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine is a non-profit, equal opportunity
Lana Thelen | College Librarian
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
503.253.3443 ext. 134
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or