[Libs-Or] [Fwd: [APACOUN ] ALA-APA Programs for the People at Annual Conference]

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Wed Jul 8 08:38:31 PDT 2009

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager
ALA Oregon Chapter Councilor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[APACOUN ] ALA-APA Programs for the People at Annual Conference
Date: 	Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:36:43 -0400
From: 	Jenifer Grady <jgrady at ala.org>
To: 	Global Personnel Officers List <PERSN-L at LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU>,
<apacoun at ala-apa.org>, <Publib at webjunction.org>,
<BCALA at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU>, Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum
<JESSE at listserv.utk.edu>
CC: 	Satia Orange <sorange at ala.org>, <moneytalks at ala-apa.org>,
<apapublish at ala-apa.org>, <apafund at ala-apa.org>

Please forward as appropriate.

We invite you to the following ALA-APA Programs for the People at the
American Library Association Annual Conference.  For more information
about these programs, please visit our website
<http://www.ala-apa.org/salaries/confprograms.html>.

Friday, July 10

*Engaging Excellence Through Leadership and Mentoring, *3:30 - 5:00 pm,
Hilton Lake Huron**

* *

Saturday, July 11

*There is a Union Difference, *1:30 - 3:00 pm, Hyatt Regency McCormick
Conf Ctr 23

*What Does Certification Have to Do With Me? Am I Missing Something?
[part of the Empowerment Conference] *9:15 - 10:15 am, Hyatt Regency
McCormick Conf Ctr 21b

Sunday, July 12

*Medicare for All, *10:30 am -12:00 pm, Hyatt Regency McCormick Conf Ctr 12d

Monday, July 13

*Toot Your Own Horn [personal advocacy and branding],*/ /8:00 - 10:00
am, MCP W-178b

*Love the Work, Hate the Job, *10:30 am - noon, MCP W-178b

*ALA-APA is also asking conference participants to donate $1 to ALA-APA
at the Membership Pavilion in the Exhibit Hall.  Every little bit helps!*

Get REAL SALARY DATA with the Library Salary Database -

http://www.ala.org/cfapps/salarysurvey/salarysurveyform/form.cfm

Become a CERTIFIED PUBLIC LIBRARY ADMINISTRATOR -
http://www.ala-apa.org/certification/cplaapplication.html

Boost your career by reading Library Worklife -
http://www.ala-apa.org/newsletter/current.html

Jenifer Grady, MSLS, MBA, CAE - jgrady at ala.org <mailto:jgrady at ala.org>

Director, American Library Association-Allied Professional Association
(ALA-APA)

50 East Huron, Chicago, IL 60611

312-280-2424 (o), 312-280-5297 (f)

http://www.ala-apa.org

ALA-APA advocates for improving the Salaries and Status of Library Employees

Have you contributed to ALA-APA this year?
<http://www.ala-apa.org/donate.html>

--
Portland State University logo

Suzanne L. Sager