[Libs-Or] Transition Services for state employees

Kate Mcgann mcgann_kate_e at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Jun 23 10:10:22 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

The state of Oregon has developed a variety of transition services for state employees who may be affected by the current economic down turn, including a resource center for state employees who may be laid off from their jobs.  The Government Research Services Team at the Oregon State Library has developed a small collection of books to support the center.  We are also creating a resource handout.   State employees work throughout Oregon and we'd like to include not only the OLA link for all Oregon libraries on the resource handout but also a brief (1-2 sentences) description, web site, and contact information for Oregon libraries that have what they consider a significant collection and/or services for displaced workers.  We are also including information on significant job search centers should one exist in your area that effectively assist those experiencing job loss.

If you believe you have a significant collection and/or know of a service center in your area that does an outstanding job providing such assistance - please email me with your short description and contact information for inclusion in our resource handout for displaced Oregon state employees.

Thanks so much,

Kate McGann
Oregon State Library
kate.e.mcgann at state.or.us