[Libs-Or] Fwd: [District Dispatch] Share your thoughts on Open Government!

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:09:57 PDT 2009

 Share your thoughts on Open Government!
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3107> June 23rd, 2009
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3107

*A message from the Open Government Team at the White House:* “The first
phase invited you to brainstorm topics for the Open Government
recommendations and the second phase explored those topics in greater depth
through on-line discussion. This third phase is intended to translate good
ideas into specific, concrete, actionable policy. We are asking you to craft
recommendations on each of the topics you identified as being of greatest
importance.

 The Drafting Phase began yesterday and runs through Sunday June 28th (at
midnight). We suggest that you review the submissions from the earlier
phases of this process, such as the Discussion blog, the public brainstorm,
the government employee brainstorm, and From the Inbox.

Incorporating earlier input, you can write your own draft recommendations,
or combine and edit those of others to create a new recommendations. You can
then vote on the best draft under each topic through June 30th.

 We encourage you to contribute early, so other participants can build on
your proposed text.  Complete directions and a video tour are available on
the wiki website.

 Also – don’t forget to add any final comments to the weblog, where new
postings on collaboration have recently gone up.

*     Enhancing Online Citizen Participation Through
Policy<http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Enhancing-Online-Citizen-Participation-Through-Policy/>

*     Collaboration – Achieving Better Results by Working
Together<http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Collaboration-Achieving-Better-Results-by-Working-Together/>

*     Prizes as Incentives for Public-Private
Partnerships<http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Prices-as-Incentives-for-Public-Private-Partnerships/>

*     Collaborative Problem Solving and Alternative Dispute Resolution
(Coming soon!)

 Many thanks in advance for sharing your time and thoughts with us.  Your
participation is critical to this effort’s success.

- The Open Government Team <http://www.whitehouse.gov/open>”

Jenni Terry
jterry at alawash.org

--