[Libs-Or] library security systems

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 14:09:30 PDT 2009

the seaside public library is in the market for a detection system.  all the choices and options are a bit overwhelming.  hopefully, we can learn from other public libraries who have recently purchased such a system.

1.  what features are essential for an effective security system?
2.  what is a realistic price-point?
3.  which tattle-tags (strips, dots, squares) work best?
4.  is rfid more effective than the traditional electromagnetic systems?
5.  are some brands/models superior to others?
6.  what don't we want in a security system?

any and all advice is appreciated. recommendations are welcomed. feel free to reply on or off-list.

thanks in advance,

daniel d. cawley
seaside public library