[Libs-Or] One state - one tattoo

COLE Maureen T Maureen.T.Cole at ci.eugene.or.us
Sun Mar 29 11:03:16 PDT 2009

Greetings colleagues!

Don't forget to visit the Past Presidents table at the OLA Conference to purchase your temporary tattoos) and buttons. At only $2 apiece, these are a great way to accessorize AND support the OLA MLS Scholarship Fund. If you need any more reasons, just read below.

See you there! Mo
Top ten reasons to buy a temporary tattoo - 2009
(Revised and updated from 2008)

They are good for your skin-they hold in moisture and protect you from the sun. More is better! Your dermatologist will love this look. If there is no sun right now, just wait a few minutes-this is Oregon.

People will wonder if it is a real tattoo. Your kids will think you're cool; other family members will wonder what's up. Doesn't it feel great to make add some mystique to your life?

Strategically placed tattoos will entice and excite your partner, or even catch the eye of strangers. What else is that powerful (besides your charm...of course!)

It's a trendy, instant, and inexpensive accessory; no matter what outfit you are wearing, we have a tattoo for you (@ only $2 apiece). Sure it's the same tattoo as we are selling everyone, but it is very versatile.

They're collector's items: Oregon Reads tattoos will be found only at this conference! Next year, who will care?

They make great gifts: can't ever think of what to send your grandmother for her birthday? Go no further. And shipping costs are very low!

They help you connect with other tattooed people; it's a form of cultural competency.

They help you explore your creative side - the side you don't use in all those meetings you attend.

You will be perceived as generous, charitable, and philanthropic for only a few dollars. That's a cheap way to make people think you're a good person!

Drum roll, please. And now, the top reason to buy a temporary tattoo or so:

You will be helping your colleagues (or maybe even yourself) by providing funds for scholarships for tuition for an MLS program-how cool is that!

We will be offering these for sale at our table in the Exhibits area. Also, you can buy them from OLA Past Presidents touring the conference with Tattoo Trays (how classy is that!)

And, this year we are also offering buttons! They will be different from the tattoos-come check it out!

P.S. We need volunteers to help staff our table. I am sure that none of you want to be left out of this fabulous opportunity. To sweeten the offer (although I don't know how much better it can get than hanging with OLA past presidents...!), your volunteer time will earn you some free tattoos! If you are interested, please contact Mo Cole at Maureen.t.cole at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:Maureen.t.cole at ci.eugene.or.us>

Maureen Cole
Public Services Manager
Eugene Public Library
100 W. 10th St., Eugene, OR 97401