[Libs-Or] L-net welcomes two new libraries

PAPAGNI Emily emilyp at multcolib.org
Sun Mar 29 17:07:37 PDT 2009

Hello,

L-net, Oregon's Statewide Digital Reference Service, is happy to welcome
two new partner libraries:

Sherwood Public Library

Tigard High School Library

These libraries join 33 other Oregon libraries that provide virtual
reference service to everyone who works, lives, or goes to school in
Oregon.

L-net has been providing 24/7 reference service since 2003 (our 6-year
anniversary will be in April!) and demand for the service continues to
grow.  In early March we had our busiest day ever (over 300 questions)
and it's likely that we'll reach a total number of questions answered of
100,000 within the next few months.

If you're interested in learning more about L-net, virtual reference,
and libraries and technology, please come to the 2009 Oregon Virtual
Reference Summit.  The conference program and registration information
is available at

http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit

Emily

Emily Papagni