[Libs-Or] Tech Petting Zoo Reminder with Parking Directions

Robin Beerbower RBEERBOWER at cityofsalem.net
Tue Nov 10 16:49:58 PST 2009

First of all if you have already read about the Tech Petting Zoo and are
planning on attending, here are the parking directions:

First of all the address is:
Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi
Tualatin, OR 97062

If you are coming from I-5 and have turned on Martinazzi, turn left on
Seneca St, which is about one block south of the library and continue to
the parking lot on the right with a sign that says Parking with a logo
that is white (White Lot).  Look for spots without time limits (some are
3 hours) and you may park there all day.

Here is more about the Tech Petting Zoo:

The following is a special workshop sponsored by OLA’s Public
Library
Division.

Cameras and Kindles and Wii games, oh my!

Are you flummoxed by new technology such as e-readers, online social
networks, iPods and iPhones, and wonder how they can fit into your
library? Then spend a day at the Technology Petting Zoo! Come explore
innovative technologies and their use in the public library setting.
The
morning will be spent on presentations by local experts and then in
the
afternoon you will be given a chance to actually sample devices.

The Zoo will be held Friday, November 13th, 2009 at the Tualatin
Public
Library, from 9:30-4:00 but come early (9:00) for coffee and a chance
meet fellow novice techies. There is no charge for the event but we
would like to know in advance if you would like to order a box lunch
from Haggens.  Check out their menu at
https://store.haggen.com/PartyPlatters/Haggen/ProductList.aspx?locid=61&catid=74

and then email Abigail Elder (AElder at ci.tualatin.or.us) to order your
lunch and the lunch fee will be collected when you arrive.  You may
also
order Friday morning but it would be best if we had it ahead of time.
You are also welcome to bring a sack lunch.

The morning session will be spent on short presentations on the
following topics:
Circulating Games
Text Reference
YouTube
Facebook & Twitter
Library2Go
Google Chrome
E-Readers
Security

After lunch there will be a chance to actually “pet” devices such
as flip cameras, gaming systems, iPods, e-readers, netbooks, a Wii,
and
whatever else Best Buy staff will bring us to sample.  There will even
be an area known as the Technology Graveyard.

Questions may be addressed to Abigail Elder
(aelder at ci.tualatin.or.us),
Robin Beerbower (rbeerbower at cityofsalem.net), or Su Ikeda
(opalsu at gmail.com).

It’s all happening at the Zoo!